Thursday, May 05, 2005

David doesn't believe in "Yom Hashoa"

Hey Guys,
I can't believe i'm actually writing... I guess that maybe it's cuz today i noticed was 05\05\05 which i thought was very cool. (actually it was yesterday). Anyways I got so excited about it until my chareidi school friends gave me a whole lecture about how we have to say the hebrew date and if your gonna use the english date then you should say "leminyanam" which means to their count... bla bla bla
So after that i called to remind David to stand up during the siren because I was really afraid he wasn't, cuz he had this whole argument with my parents about how he isn't gonna stand and how he wants to be like the charaidis that don't stand... Point being my parents were very hurt cuz they were taking David seriously so my Mom got really into it. She was trying to explain how it's not respectful not to stand, and if he's gonna be like that ,then he shouldn't take money from the goverment. Which has been an argument for years in Israel. It's insurance money that everyone gets (even chareidis that don't stand).
So my whole time standing in silence I was wondering if David is Standing or not. Then my class had a meeting with the Professor incharge of Accounting in Machon Lev and Machon Tal ( where I learn). I was saying that I am very pro finishing the degree in 3 Years instead of 4 years but most of the girls were saying that they really don't want to have summer school cuz they prefer working, which i understand cuz some girls pay for their school. But I want to finish it as soon as possible, but I don't think it's gonna happen, not that I have a bad time (like whatever I got used to the girls ,and the small place and the baalot tshuva "Israeli Neve" girls that dress hot and sexy but then they lecture me on how I should answer Amen to their bracha.but still the girls love me and the russian girls admire me cuz they think i'm hysterical, (i just think they don't get my jokes)).
Anyways my best friend Leora told me that we should definitely go to "yad va shem" and how her and Rafi her love (her hubby) had an amazing fun. Me being such a holocaust fan, I felt like I really wanted to go plus it was free, Meantime my bugjo (i call David that sometimes) really denies the Holocaust and I feel like In Israel we absorb the holocaust much stronger since first grade, each "Yom Hashoa" there are holocaust movies that americans don't even know off, they only know of "Shcindlers List"...
So then I went to the supermarket, I thought giving my Bugjo time to think about going with me to "Yad va Shem" so I went to get my free ice cream because i called and complained to "Nestle" on how their "Crunch" ice cream didn't have chocolate inside like the picture on the wrapper. Since I am a type of person that never complains but then I said what the hell I want to see if they take me seriously they sent me a letter that i Can go to any Supermarket and get 4 "Crunch" ice creams which didn't have chocolate inside either but these ones weren't supposed to have chocolate inside. afterwards I came back and David still didn't want to go so I just fell asleep. Then Duv wanted to make me feel good, so we went out to get Sushi which really made my day even though i ate it at 21:00 even though I promised myself I won't want to eat after 18:00. ( That didn't happen so far).
Anyways my friend works in "Cream and Dream" this new ice cream place that all the "seminary girls" hang out. like oh my gosh.... so she ended up giving us her free ice cream of the day cuz she wasn't in the mood of eating it we chose "mint chocolate" . But i feel like it's cuz I always invite my friend from school over to eat, and chill here. (sometimes I also blow dry their hairs too).
So anyways i read everyones blogs which really made me in the mood.
I love ya'all
chao.

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Shu said...

Hey Shany, it's Nat. Welcome to the blogging world. I don't know that I was "invited" to the Loop blog either, I just use Shauli's name (which is Shu or Nat anyway). But you should really blog on the Loop because then everyone can read your comments (even the people who don't have time to read more than one blog). :)
Also, I just wanted to tell you that in my elementary school in St.Louis Yom Hashoa WAS a big deal and every year we did something different. We had a lot of speakers and watched various movies (I have actually never seen Schindler's List). I still remember one year we were suposed to have a speaker after we watched a talk show that had Holocaust deniers (and these were smart, educated people denying it). Well, the speaker came early and saw the end of the show. I will never forget the way he spoke or the stories he told because he was so emotional after watching those people deny the horrors he went through. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I don't know what kind of school David went to and what they did or didn't do for Yom Hashoa but just know, not every place in America is like that.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

I can tell you what kind of school david went to since I went to the same one. I belivee the first I ever really heard of Yom Ha'shoah was when Yaakov called Aviva and wished "a happy Yom Ha'shoah day" YBY (the school) felt tht tisha B'av is the jewish day of mourning, and that includes the Holacaust. (interesting on 9th of Av teh final solution was signed, so its actaully a good day to remember).

7:59 AM  
Blogger docyaak said...

according tto the jewish religion tisha bav IS the national day of morning ... and to make your own days of morning... why not just make up a religion and hang a guy on a cross....
anyway i would like to INVITE you to the loop. since when do you have to be invited anyway...

10:23 AM  
Blogger 2R said...

well, you can either blog under david's name, or send me your e-mail address, and i'll invite you. i agree that you should be on the family blog, and Nat I did invite you...you never accepted....

3:46 PM  
Blogger menachem said...

you know, i never got an invitation to the zacks loop either! i think we should complain. you should sell out, like i did, and put google advertisements on your blog. so far, in 3 months, i made 9 bucks! thats like 2 shwarmas! (if i get them really cheap, like on agrippas or something. yuck)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Just Shu said...

whats a bugjo

9:03 AM  
Blogger menachem said...

where do you see bugjo?

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home